Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Love and Hate In The Rain






The rain is something to love and hate at the same time.


Rain cleanses and refreshes the earth. It clears up the atmosphere, and paves the way for all things to grow.

But rain can also destroy. It can lead to floods that can damage everything.

I have loved and hated the rain. I loved it for the serenity it brings. Me being stuck on a rainy day can help me relax as I drink something warm and listen to soothing music.

The rain delayed some of my plans. I once got stuck in a building during a strong rain in our state, and I had to wait until next morning so I can finally go home. But in the midst of being stuck, I found a new friend, and we talked about our lives, food, and Star Wars all night as the rain poured endlessly. In the end, being stuck was a blessing. Until now, we're still friends.

I see the blessing the rain brings, knowing that it also ends, with the promise of sunshine and warmth afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment